Global Knowledge Partnership
|see discussion about joint project VillageInnovationSummit
The Global Knowledge Partnership Foundation (GKP), ( http://www.globalknowledgepartnership.org), is a 12 year old membership based, internationally recognized multi stakeholder network with a distinguished and well established track record. GKP‟s globally recognized brand and impartial status as the „world’s first multi-stakeholder network‟ provides convening power to bring together a broad range of partners for development not only for advancing ICT for development and innovation across the globe but also for advancing their global development mission and goals.
It is the only global network with members from governments, business and civil society. GKP places the member at the centre of the network. But GKP is much more than a network, its members bring together Public Sector, Private Sector and Civil Society Organizations with the goal of Sharing Knowledge and Building Partnerships in Knowledge and ICT for Development.
After being based in Malaysia and India, GKP has recently been repositioned as a foundation under Spanish law. It is governed by a group of trustees, an elected Executive Committee and is supported by a Secretariat based in the CTIC Foundation, Spain, and executive staff.
A world of equal opportunities to all to have access to and use knowledge and information to improve their lives.
As an evolving network of public, civil society, and commercial organizations, GKP provides members access to global knowledge and innovation; links with organizations within and across regions; supports capacity development and provides opportunities for resource mobilization to advance development.
GKP is proactively creating and implementing win/win situations that respond to the specific needs of the membership organizations. GKP supports development practitioners and organizations directly by: Facilitating peer-to-peer dialogue on issues and themes at regional and global level; help establish members‟ linkages for program/campaign specific partnerships. It influences, leverages and creates synergies between members’ activities; facilitates linkages for mobilizing resources on their specific projects, programs or policy related work – while building coherence in strategies common to all members.
GKP launched and provides continuity and sustainability to initiatives through strong funding raising and technical assistance for programming, networking and fund-raising.
GKP actively promotes the project to potential donors at every appropriate opportunity and leads to increased funding for implementing the project for further Scaling up, Diffusion and Replication (SDR).
New SDR projects be approved for support on an ongoing basis, we will actively try to match up the other GKP members with existing SDR projects and get them directly involved. GKP will offer some successful projects from GKP members to other GKP members for duplication in their regions.
GKP is marketing and delivering targeted professional advisory and consulting services, through members-primarily to developing country governments and corporate partners. Services to Members include technical assistance for programming, networking and fund-raising, all done in a collaborative and participative manner with GKP 3.0 staff.
• GKP provides hands on support in the execution of projects, in particular projects that are suitable for further Scaling up, Diffusion and Replication (SDR)
• GKP is an important fundraising tool that can only used by its members.
• GKP offers visibility and representation. Every conference, meeting or event where GKP is represented you and your organization is represented.
• GKP gives access to knowledge transfer between organizations and individuals. Access and exchange with your fellow GKP members will provide you with the answers to your questions.
• GKP gives you and your organization credibility. Members of GKP are vetted and selected carefully and stand for reliability and responsibility in executing their development tasks.
• GKP is an important advocacy platform. GKP is your voice and platform in such important policy forums such as ICANN and NPOC
GKP is creating and marketing opportunities through pooling visions, capacities, talents, resources and solutions:
• Social needs of a government become private sector marketing opportunity through the capacities of national and international NGO’s.
• An NGO’s vision becomes social development through private sector solutions.
• Private sector solutions become profitable, because the cooperation with a NGO made them a key tool to achieve social development goals.
• The private sector is reaching market segments, such as rural areas in developing countries which had been out of reach before.
GKP supports development practitioners and organizations directly by:
• Facilitating peer-to-peer dialogue on issues and themes at regional and global level; help establish members‟ linkages for program/campaign specific partnerships;
• It influences, leverages and creates synergies between members’ activities; facilitates linkages for mobilizing resources on their specific projects, programs or policy related work – while building coherence in strategies common to all members.
The key to success for GKP members and the GKP network can be described with one word: Involvement. Get involved in the new GKP; use the new GKP Focus, Value Proposition and Structure to the advantage of your organization. GKP's aim is to work for you, its organizational interests and value proposition is to support you as a member.
To learn more about the Membership benefits, please visit:
Global Knowledge Partnership Foundation